Each State Finalist will be judged in (4) areas:
Community Service Presentation and Private Interview
Contestant interviews are 10 minutes. Each contestant will have 5 minutes to present a brief presentation on the work they have been doing in their community. Following the presentation, contestants will be asked questions regarding national issues facing communities especially the African American community, questions regarding their platform, community programs and general pageant questions.
Each contestant will be judged on physique, energy and overall health.
Each contestant will wear an elegant, floor length gown of her choice. She will be judged on grace, poise and class.
On-stage Q & A
How quickly can a contestant think on their feet? Contestants will be asked a question regarding current events on stage to demonstrate their poise under pressure.
Photography - Contestant must submit a professional headshot photo (no crown or sash) for use on/in the MBUSAM website and program book. Explicit instructions are distributed in the Contestant Handbook.
Attire – Contestants must provide their own competition wardrobe. Opening number dresses are provided by the National Pageant.
Travel – Contestants are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from National Pageant.
Advertisements - Are OPTIONAL.
An entry fee is required to compete at the National Miss Black Teen US Ambassador and Miss Black US Ambassador Scholarship Pageant.
Entry fee includes:
- Official State Ambassador Crown
- Official Sash Ambassador Sash
- Lodging at MBUSAM’s Host Hotel during the week of the National Pageant
- One (1) Ticket to the Ambassador of Change Luncheon & Admission to the Call Me Miss Ambassador Conference
- MBUSAM National Pageant Opening Number Dress
- One (1) 2017 National Pageant Souvenir Program Book
- One (1) 2017 MBUSAM Pageant T-shirt
- One (1) 2017 MBUSAM Pageant bag
- Daily meals during pageant activities (3 meals a day + snacks)
- Transportation to/from pageant week activities in Orlando, FL via MBUSAM Transportation Sponsor
Entry fee does not include:
- Travel expenses to and from National Pageant
- Competition wardrobe
- Personal incidentals
The deadline to apply for the 2016 National Pageant is April 1st 2017. All entry fees must be paid by June 1st 2017.
There will be no exceptions under any circumstances.
All fees paid to MBUSAM are non-refundable and non-transferable.